David Wick is a consultant in Spencer Stuart’s Washington D.C. office and a member of the Social Impact Practice. He focuses on philanthropy and impact investing, K-12 and higher education, education technology, development and other senior-level recruitment assignments and board placements for a broad range of non-profit and health care organizations. In addition, David partners within the financial and private sector practices to support leadership placements within environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) searches.
• At Spencer Stuart, David has placed leading executives across the education sector including within national K-12 organizations and higher education institutions. David also leads Spencer Stuart’s education technology practice working with leading companies and financial firms to secure transformational leadership.
• He has recruited CEOs and Executive Directors for a range of leading philanthropic institutions, including large institutional foundations, leading community foundations, and family foundations at various stages of their development. He also helps companies and financial institutions find leaders for their ESG and philanthropic efforts.
• As a Washington D.C. resident with deep ties to the public, private, and philanthropic sectors, David supports leadership transitions within leading non-profit and health organizations across the region.
• David oversees development and external focused searches for organizations across the public sector.
• David joined Spencer Stuart after working as the Chief External Impact Officer at the KIPP Foundation where he served on the leadership team and led KIPP’s fundraising and external partnership for more than a decade. Prior to KIPP, he was the Managing Director of Capital Giving at Harvard University. He is an Pahara-Aspen Fellow, has a Masters in Administration, Planning, and Social Policy from Harvard University’s School of Education, and a B.A. from Davidson College.